Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt, low fat
- 1⁄2 ounce oats, rolled, uncooked
- 3 teaspoons almonds
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese, low fat
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add yogurt, cottage cheese, rolled oats, strawberries, almonds and vanilla extract to a blender and mix until smooth and creamy.
- If to be eaten immediately, sprinkle with allspice.
- If you would like to soften the oats, refrigerate overnight and sprinkle on allspice before serving.
I did have better luck and I'm thinking this has to do with personal preference, because I really loved it. The taste was great, I loved the cottage cheese combo, I never do that, and the almonds with the oats are very good. This is a surprising combination of ingredients that work great together and are so healthy, have an extremely low glycemic load and is a pleasure to drink, I also have to comment on the allspice, it's the fifth star. If however you do prefer a sweeter drink, I'd suggest 1 packet of splenda or any other low cal sweetener to the ingredients. Thanks for posting.
Well, I've tried this recipe for the first time and I found it a little hard to swollow. Maybe my strawberries were too sour, but it wasn't sweet at all, when I was eating it I just had to think about how healthly it is supposed to be. Maybe other people will have better luck.