Recipe by CareCook
This is a sausage biscuit with egg and cheese that freezes very well. Sixty seconds in the microwave & you have breakfast!
Top Review by hedgiehog
This is a quick, hearty solution to rushed mornings. I decided to try OAMC and made several freezable breakfasts. I used Jimmy Dean sausage and Pillsbury flaky biscuits....the results were superb. Both my children loved this. Thanks so much for posting.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, ground
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 6 eggs, scrambled (with milk)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 count) can flakey biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium non-stick skillet, cook the sausage and onion over medium heat, about 5 minutes or until meat is done. Drain any excess grease.
- Cook the scrambled eggs.
- Add the cheese and sausage/onion mixture to the eggs.
- Divide each biscuit in half by pulling apart the layers. Press each half into non-stick muffin tins coated with non-stick cooking spray. Divide the meat evenly into the prepared muffin tins. Bake for 10 minute.
- To Freeze: cool baked cups to room temperature Freeze on baking sheet, then transfer to zip-top freezer bags.
- To Prepare after Freezing: Preheat oven to 350. Defrost cups or place them frozen on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 min or until heated through OR.
- Reheat in microwave approximately 1 minute.