Recipe by Neonprincess
This recipe is based on a raspberry twist recipe I saw on ‘Nigella Bites’. I couldn’t remember her exact measurements, but I copied her idea. The berries can be substituted with any types of berries (fresh or frozen (and thawed)), or any type of fruit that can be mashed (like mangos, canned peaches or kiwifruit). The chocolate cookies can be substituted with plain ones, or even oatmeal. You can also play with the yoghurt, using different flavours or just plain natural (or even Fruche). Prep time doesn't include (optional) overnight chill time.
Top Review by dogsandwoods
Subbed Recipe#407828 #407828 for the chocolate cookies and this was just fantastic! As there was a soft brownie, versus a hard cookie, it was eaten right away. Thank you for posting. Happily made for Spring 2011 PAC. :)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash/puree the berries with a fork, hand blender or food processor. Taste and add a little sugar if necessary.
- Crumble the cookies.
- Get 2 or 3 glasses or dessert bowls. In the bottom of each add a spoon of yoghurt.
- Next add some of the crumbled cookies, to form a layer.
- Spoon some of the berry mixture over the cookies (making sure the layer isn’t too thick, as the berries can taste a bit intense).
- Add another layer of yoghurt, then cookies and so on, until you fill the glasses.
- Cover and refrigerate over-night.
- You can probably eat these as soon as you’re done, but if you’re using oatmeal it may be a bit chewy.