- 8 slices day-old white bread (could use Italian)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 3⁄4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh raspberries or 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- sour cream
- whipped cream
- strawberry (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a 9 x 13" baking pan with baking spray.
- In small bowl, combine 2 3/4 tsp sugar with cinnamon.
- Spread each slice of bread with cream cheese and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Cube bread and place in bottom of baking pan.
- Distribute berries evenly over bread.
- Sprinkle half the brown sugar over berries and bread.
- Beat together eggs, milk, and vanilla; pour over bread.
- Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream or sour cream if desired and about a teaspoon of diced strawberries or blueberries.