Prep 8 hrs 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A recipe my mother-in-law gave me. Whole family loves it! My MIL used beef sausage because she can't eat pork, and I used to use hot & spicy sausage, but my husband can't handle that anymore so I use a milder version. For mustard I use spicy brown or dijon. Sometimes we make this for supper instead of breakfast.
- 1 lb spicy pork sausage
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 4 slices bread, cubed
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Saute sausage; drain.
- Beat together eggs, milk, salt, and mustard.
- In a 9 X 13 baking dish, layer bread cubes, sausage, and cheese. Pour egg mixture on top.
- Refrigerate overnight, or at least 8 hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until center is set.
This was excellent. Loved the spicy pork sausage in this. It set up well, had a wonderful texture and tasted great. Thanks for sharing.