Low fat and incredibly health version of oatmeal, chocolate chip cookies.
Make and share this Breakfast Bean Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can white kidney beans
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place oats in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until it resembles coarse flour. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon & salt & process until combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Put beans in food processor & pulse until roughly pureed. Add butter & process until well blended. Add brown sugar, egg & vanilla & pulse until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Poor bean mixture into oat mix & stir by hand until almost combined; add chocolate chip, raisins, nut & flaxseed & stir until just blended.
- Drop large spoonfuls of dough onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray, & flatten each one a little with hand.
- Bake 14-16 minute.
- Makes 2 dozen. Each cookie contains 138 calories & 3.5 grams fat.
I have been making bean cookies for years, but have never found a recipe that was quite perfect. This one is by far the closest. The only modifications I made were:<br/>Double the cinnamon<br/>Double the vanilla<br/>A dash of nutmeg.<br/><br/>Also, "pizza" stones are THE BEST! They take a few uses to get them good and seasoned, but EVERYTHING we ever bake on them turns out perfect every time.<br/><br/>Even my husband LOVES this batch! They turned out so good, I joined Food.com
We too loved these, Just made my third batch. Changed it up a little. Reduced brown sugar 1/4 cup and added 2T molasses. Added combo of 1 1/4 cup golden raisins and dried cranberry. Added just a few white choc chips. I soaked the dried fruit in a small pan w 1 1/2 T cherry concentrate ( Had this in the house, might have tried maple syrup if I didn't ) and heated it up until the juice had evaporated. This plumped up the fruit. This was really good. The recipe is also great as written.
Loved these. Several people asked for the recipe.