Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great way to start your day! Just add a bit of fresh fruit and you're on your way.... * You can vary this recipe by using other types of preserves and/or nuts. My favorite is cherry pecan
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup orange marmalade, plus
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 3⁄4 cup butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine oats, brown sugar and salt.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Press into a 15 x 10" x 1" greased baking pan.
- Bake at 375 for 20-22 minutes or til golden brown.
WOW! These are great. They are more like dessert than breakfast. I cut the brown sugar down to 1/2 c. and they were still plenty sweet. I also omitted the salt. I thought they turned out great. I used apricot jelly and pecans. Thanks for a great recipe.
I used pineapple preserves as we thought that would compliment the coconut really well. They were pretty good but a bit too sweet for breakfast, I though. Make sure you cut them while warm since they get pretty hard when cooled completely.
I reviewed this too early I just tried one and they must not have been cooled enough before when I rated it earlier. Now they came out the pan as bars and the taste is good as I rated earlier.