From the May 2008 Whole Living Body+Soul magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil, plus more for pan
- 1 1/4 cups spelt, flakes
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup sprouted or ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Brush an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with oil. Line bottom and two sides with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on each side. Brush paper with oil.
- 3In a bowl, combine spelt, cherries, flaxseeds, pecans, pistachios, and salt; set aside.
- 4In a small saucepan, combine honey, peanut butter, oil, and vanilla. Cook over medium until melted. Add to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- 5Transfer mixture to prepared pan; smooth top. Bake until golden and edges pull away from sides of pan, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 6Cool completely in pan. Using paper overhang, lift bars out of pan.
- 7On a cutting board, cut into 8 pieces using a serrated knife.
- 8Store in an airtight container, separating pieces with wax or parchment paper, for one week.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Bars
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.8
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 114.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: