Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm getting ready to go houseboating so I wanted to make something to grab and go in the mornings. Just made it with what I had in the house and it actually turned out pretty good! There's a lot of moist ingredients but Calgary is pretty dry!
- 1 cup sunny boy multi-grain hot cereal (like Red River Cereal)
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons natural almond butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup craisins
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
CHIA SEED GEL
- 1 tablespoon flax seed (actually chia seed
, but food.com won't let me put it in!)
- 9 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Mix together the sunny boy cereal with the evaporated skim milk and boiling water; soak for half an hour; mix in the honey and almond butter.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, whey powder, and Splenda.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry.
- When combined, add the almonds, craisins, blueberries, and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into baking pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares!
- CHIA SEED GEL:.
- Mix 1 part chia seed (brand name is Salba) with 9 parts water.
- Stir it up, wait ten minutes, stir again.
- Wait another ten minutes and stir again.
- Store in a sealed container in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks! (I mix it into yogurt in the mornings).