Recipe by Dissie
Healthy little dish that tastes so good. Kids love to be able to make their own! There are a few recipes on here that are similar but not exactly the same. My kids would make this for me on mothers day. Awww, the memories.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
What a wonderful breakfast! My first time with cottage cheese with Grape-Nuts. I omitted the honey and used crushed pineapple. I debated slicing the bananas for ease, but I think the shape of the banana slices added to the flavor! Thanks Dissie- Roxygirl
- 1 banana
- 78.07 ml grape nuts cereal
- 118.29 ml yogurt or 118.29 ml cottage cheese
- 2.46 ml honey
- 4 pineapple chunks (fresh is better)
- 2 maraschino cherries, sliced
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- chocolate syrup (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and split the banana lengthwise. Place in banana split dish or cereal bowl.
- Layer yogurt or cottage cheese over banana.
- Sprinkle grape nuts over yogurt or cottage cheese. Reserve a small amount to sprinkle on top.
- Drizzle honey over dish.
- Top with reserved cereal, pineapple chunks, strawberries and maraschino cherries. If using the choc syrup, drizzle on top.
- You can top with whip cream if desired.