Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Healthy little dish that tastes so good. Kids love to be able to make their own! There are a few recipes on here that are similar but not exactly the same. My kids would make this for me on mothers day. Awww, the memories.
- 1 banana
- 1⁄3 cup grape nuts cereal
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt or 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 4 pineapple chunks (fresh is better)
- 2 maraschino cherries, sliced
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- chocolate syrup (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Peel and split the banana lengthwise. Place in banana split dish or cereal bowl.
- Layer yogurt or cottage cheese over banana.
- Sprinkle grape nuts over yogurt or cottage cheese. Reserve a small amount to sprinkle on top.
- Drizzle honey over dish.
- Top with reserved cereal, pineapple chunks, strawberries and maraschino cherries. If using the choc syrup, drizzle on top.
- You can top with whip cream if desired.
What a wonderful breakfast! My first time with cottage cheese with Grape-Nuts. I omitted the honey and used crushed pineapple. I debated slicing the bananas for ease, but I think the shape of the banana slices added to the flavor! Thanks Dissie- Roxygirl