Recipe by Manda
This is an AMAZING dish that adds a little Italian flare to the usual ho-hum breakfast. This has become nearly a staple in my house since my mom started the low-carb diet. I like to use ham because I am not a big fan of pepperoni, but you could even use sausage if you want. Cook time varies, as some like their eggs cooked more than others. Please use the cook time as an estimate. ENJOY!!
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Quick tasty & easy to prepare. Based on the ingredient portions, it would feed closer to 8 servings for us. We don't like things real saucy so we cut back the pasta sauce abit more & omitted the salt due to the spicy/salty pepperoni. We are garlic lovers so I added a freshly minced clove with the sauting vegys. Cut the mozza cheese also. It was a big hit, thanks for sharing.
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 small green pepper, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 lb sandwich pepperoni or 1⁄4 lb sliced deli ham, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 -5 eggs, beaten
- salt and black pepper
- garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup your favorite spaghetti sauce, jarred or canned
- grated parmesan cheese, for topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt margarine.
- Saute onion, green pepper, and meat until tender (about 3 minutes).
- Add tomato and beaten eggs.
- Cook, stirring, until eggs are cooked through, adding seasonings while cooking.
- Top with grated mozzarella, cover, and turn off heat.
- Meanwhile, heat pasta sauce in small bowl in microwave until warm.
- Remove egg mixture from skillet, top with sauce.
- Serve with grated Parmesan for topping, and buttered toast to soak up the sauce-- YUMMY!