Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an AMAZING dish that adds a little Italian flare to the usual ho-hum breakfast. This has become nearly a staple in my house since my mom started the low-carb diet. I like to use ham because I am not a big fan of pepperoni, but you could even use sausage if you want. Cook time varies, as some like their eggs cooked more than others. Please use the cook time as an estimate. ENJOY!!
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 small green pepper, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 lb sandwich pepperoni or 1⁄4 lb sliced deli ham, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 -5 eggs, beaten
- salt and black pepper
- garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup your favorite spaghetti sauce, jarred or canned
- grated parmesan cheese, for topping (optional)
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt margarine.
- Saute onion, green pepper, and meat until tender (about 3 minutes).
- Add tomato and beaten eggs.
- Cook, stirring, until eggs are cooked through, adding seasonings while cooking.
- Top with grated mozzarella, cover, and turn off heat.
- Meanwhile, heat pasta sauce in small bowl in microwave until warm.
- Remove egg mixture from skillet, top with sauce.
- Serve with grated Parmesan for topping, and buttered toast to soak up the sauce-- YUMMY!
Quick tasty & easy to prepare. Based on the ingredient portions, it would feed closer to 8 servings for us. We don't like things real saucy so we cut back the pasta sauce abit more & omitted the salt due to the spicy/salty pepperoni. We are garlic lovers so I added a freshly minced clove with the sauting vegys. Cut the mozza cheese also. It was a big hit, thanks for sharing.
What a fabulous recipe! Complete and total hit. Added and altered just a smiggen that I wouldn't discourage: Made it more of a layered dish and used more ingredients then what it called; had a skeptic about tomatos so had whipped two batches, the bottom layer using 8 eggs and everything including tomatos topped with sauce and cheese followed by a smaller 3 egg portion excluding tomatos which sat on top of 1st layer and also added more suace and cheese. Made a large portion but it's oh so good one can hardly mind left overs if be any at all. Excellent, a definate do again.