Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
Source: Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest "Layers of flaky biscuits hold a tempting and traditional honey-nut filling."
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- 3 whole cloves or 1 dash ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup sliced blanched almond
- 1⁄4 cup walnut halves, and pieces
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash salt, if desired (optional)
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) canpillsbury grands flaky layers butter refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits)
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Generously spray 8 (2 3/4x1 1/4-inch) nonstick muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- In 1-quart saucepan, mix syrup ingredients; heat to boiling.
- Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes.
- Discard whole cloves.
- Meanwhile, in food processor bowl with metal blade, place filling ingredients.
- Cover; process with on-and-off pulses until finely chopped: set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits.
- Separate each biscuit into 3 layers.
- Place 1 biscuit layer in bottom of 1 muffin cup.
- Brush dough with syrup; top with 1 1/2 teaspoons nut filling and drizzle with 1 1/2 teaspoons syrup.
- Place second biscuit layer on top; press edge of second biscuit into side of bottom biscuit.
- Brush with syrup; top with 1 1/2 teaspoons nut filling and drizzle with 1 1/2 teaspoons syrup.
- Top with third biscuit layer.
- Brush with syrup; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon nut filling.
- Repeat with remaining biscuits.
- Reserve remaining syrup (about 1/2 cup). *see note below
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve warm with remaining syrup.
- *To make ahead, prepare as directed through step 4; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake as directed.
- Reheat reserved 1/2 cup syrup in microwave on High 30 to 60 seconds until hot.
Great biscuits!!! I made these using a small can of non-grand size biscuits, so I cut the syrup and filling to 1/4 of the recipe. I just made the syrup in the microwave which worked out great. Thanks for sharing a quick and easy way to the taste of Baklava!! Made for ZWT6.
Ready made biscuits convinced me. The muffins were easy to prepare and sweet enough to satisfy everybody. TFS
We love this recipe!! I make it ahead and put in the fridge so all I have to do is pop it in the oven in the morning and it turns out great! I took some to work and shared both the muffins and the recipe.