Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest "Layers of flaky biscuits hold a tempting and traditional honey-nut filling."
Top Review by diner524
Great biscuits!!! I made these using a small can of non-grand size biscuits, so I cut the syrup and filling to 1/4 of the recipe. I just made the syrup in the microwave which worked out great. Thanks for sharing a quick and easy way to the taste of Baklava!! Made for ZWT6.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- 3 whole cloves or 1 dash ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup sliced blanched almond
- 1⁄4 cup walnut halves, and pieces
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash salt, if desired (optional)
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) canpillsbury grands flaky layers butter refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Generously spray 8 (2 3/4x1 1/4-inch) nonstick muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- In 1-quart saucepan, mix syrup ingredients; heat to boiling.
- Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes.
- Discard whole cloves.
- Meanwhile, in food processor bowl with metal blade, place filling ingredients.
- Cover; process with on-and-off pulses until finely chopped: set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits.
- Separate each biscuit into 3 layers.
- Place 1 biscuit layer in bottom of 1 muffin cup.
- Brush dough with syrup; top with 1 1/2 teaspoons nut filling and drizzle with 1 1/2 teaspoons syrup.
- Place second biscuit layer on top; press edge of second biscuit into side of bottom biscuit.
- Brush with syrup; top with 1 1/2 teaspoons nut filling and drizzle with 1 1/2 teaspoons syrup.
- Top with third biscuit layer.
- Brush with syrup; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon nut filling.
- Repeat with remaining biscuits.
- Reserve remaining syrup (about 1/2 cup). *see note below
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve warm with remaining syrup.
- *To make ahead, prepare as directed through step 4; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake as directed.
- Reheat reserved 1/2 cup syrup in microwave on High 30 to 60 seconds until hot.