Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Nice combonation of sausage, eggs and cheese. I didn't have any potaoes and was concerned it wouldn't be as tastey or as filling without them so that is where the Bisquick comes in. I will be honest, I did not even get to try a bite (long story) but it was gone with no leftovers so I guess it wasn't bad :) This also can be made the day before and refrigerated.
- 1 lb sausage, cooked and crumbled (any flavor you like best)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I ended up using more like 2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 -8 white mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- Spray 9x13 inch baking dish (glass is best).
- Layer cooked sausage, cheese, raw onion and mushroom in dish.
- Mix Bisquick, salt and eggs. Beat well.
- Add milk and stir until smooth.
- Pour over mixture in dish. (can be covered and refrigerated at this point).
- Bake covered at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes (add 5-10 if refrigerated).
I'm glad I picked this recipe. I followed the directions exactly (I used two cups of cheese), except I left out the mushrooms. This recipe is also good because there is no potato chopping involved. Just pour in the baking mix. I made this recipe for 2014 Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup. Thanks for inventing this one!
I made this as written with the exception of leaving out the mushrooms (personal preference). The breakfast casserole turned out perfectly. It was moist and delicious. It also reheats very well. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
Yum!!! I made the first half of this last night and added the Bisquick/egg mixture this morning. It cooked for about 55 minutes and was a really nice start to my family's day! The only change I would make is to use a little less milk. Made for my adopted chef for Fall PAC 2009. Thanks! :)