Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This our favorite breakfast casserole. I always have one in the freezer.
Make and share this Breakfast Bake OAMC recipe from Food.com.
- 4 1⁄2 cups seasoned croutons
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Sprinkle croutons, cheese, onion, peppers and mushrooms into two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, mustard and pepper. Slowly pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
- Bake the second casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- To use frozen casserole: Completely thaw in the refrigerator for 24-36 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.