Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a modified version of the breakfast bake recipe inside the box of velveeta. I modified it to be vegetarian.
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 16 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cubed
- 9 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- Crisco (to grease pan)
- gather all ingredients, a large casserole dish, a large bowl, a wire whisk, a knife, a can opener, and measuring cups.
- trim crusts off bread slices.
- cube velveeta.
- slice green onions.
- grease casserole dish.
- place 6 bread slices in casserole dish.
- layer mushrooms, green onions, velveeta, and the rest of the bread.
- beat eggs and milk with wire whisk in large bowl.
- pour egg mixture over bread.
- refridgerate at least 1 hour.
- bake 50 @ 350.
- knife test for readiness.
- let stand 10 minute.