Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
An easy and yummy dish -perfect for Sunday Brunch! You can choose the flavor of sausage you prefer, but my Italian family loves Italian sausage!
- 12 ounces roll jimmy dean low-fat sausage
- 1 loaf day old French bread, torn in bite-sized bits
- 1⁄2 large white onion
- 10 large white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 dozen egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon spices (paprika, seasoning salt, garlic are all great!)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Brown sausage in chunks in large frying pan.
- Drain and layer in bottom of baking dish.
- Layer bread, onion, and mushrooms over sausage.
- Lightly whisk eggs, milk, and spices in mixing bowl.
- Pour over entire baking dish until all is covered.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- Cover in foil and bake 40 minutes.
- Uncover and broil cheese until golden and bubbly!