Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Upon request for brunch!
Make and share this Breakfast Bagel Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 3 eggs
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 4 slices sliced provolone cheese
- 4 slices turkey (roasted or deli)
- 4 bagels, of choice split and toasted
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium; add onion and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and hot sauce in a small bowl; add to hot skillet and cook until eggs set, about 2 minutes. Top with cheese and cook until melted, about 1 minute.
- Place egg mixture evenly over 4 bagel halves; top with remaining bagel halves and serve.
This was my first time trying a bagel and I just loved it (been searching the supermarkets for some time for them and they finally had some called Bagel Thins and they are thin and presliced). The only change I made was to use sharp cheddar cheese and deli chicken slice otherwise made as per recipe for a very enjoyable breakfast, thank you gailanng, made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #73 February 2013.