Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love to make these on the weekends! It's so versatile, too...you can mix & match your favorite bagels, cheeses and meats to create your own personal touch!
- 1 bagel (flavor of your choice- I prefer Everything or Egg bagels)
- 1 egg
- 1 slice cheese (flavor of your choice- I prefer American)
- 2 pieces cooked bacon (any breakfast meat) or 2 pieces sausage (any breakfast meat) or 2 pieces deli ham (any breakfast meat) or 2 pieces Canadian bacon (any breakfast meat)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place bagel in toaster and toast as desired.
- Over medium heat, fry egg in frying pan.
- Turn off heat but, leave pan on burner.
- Place meat on top of egg and then the cheese on top of the meat.
- Cover with a lid and let the heat melt the cheese.
- Butter toasted bagel.
- Place egg, meat, and cheese pile on one half of bagel and top with the other half.
- Slice in half and enjoy!
Yum!! Are there any other words? So quick and easy -- but so filling!!! Used american cheese and bacon, but could easily use leftover ham, etc. Will make often!
I had this for a late dinner tonight. It was fast and easy to make. I cooked the bacon and added it to the egg while cooking. I used American cheese. This was very tasty. Thanks.
This was really quick and easy to put together this morning. I used some spicy salami in place of the bacon and added a good pinch of Old Bay to my egg when it was done. All that spice definitely woke me up! Much more satisfying than my usual cold cereal! Thanks!