Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a recipe from the Bagley House Bed and Breakfast. It is their most requested recipe and is an adapted version of Miss Bobo's Apple Goodie recipe from Lynchburg, Tennessee. It's very much like an apple crisp. Their recipe gives instructions to clean the dish as soon as possible or reheat adding water and a few drops of dishwashing soap to help remove the caramelized sugar. I didn't and boy do I wish I had. The recipe reads 4-5 servings, but because it is so sweet, I cut down on how much to serve. I did not time the preparation.
- 3 apples (3-4 large Granny Smith)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup oats, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, dark, packed (I used light)
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Peel and thinly slice apples. Combine apples, sugar, one tablespoon flour, cinnamon, and salt and place in a WELL greased casserole dish. (I used a rectangular pan.) Mix oats, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Pour butter over all. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. Some of the mixture didn't get butter on it, so I used a fork and gently pressed the mixture and butter together.