Recipe by grandma2969
this fritter is a small, round fat cake with just a touch of cinnamon..I like to serve it with maple syrup and crisp bacon for a memorable breakfast..I like to use Golden Delicious or Granny Smith apples for these
Top Review by **Mandy**
Great lunchbox or after school snack for the kids, even my 16 month old daughter ate these spread with a little cream cheese. Recipe doesn't say how much milk but just added enough to make a pancake consistency and they turned out great, used grated apple also.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium firm apples
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and sugar.set aside.
- in a large mixing bowl, bet the egg lightly.
- add the milk and vanilla and blend.
- peel and core the apples, chop finely (use your food processor) and toss with the lemon juice.
- add the dry ingredients gradually to the milk mixture, then add the apples, blend.
- heat an electric skillet to 365*.
- add enough oil to reach 1/4" deep.Drop the batter by heaping teaspoonfuls into the skillet, patting each fritter down a bit.
- but they will be approximately 2 1/2" in diameter.
- fry until golden on on eside.then turn and brown the second side.
- transfer to a platter and keep warm in the oven while you fry the rest.
- serve with warmed maple syrup.