Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 3 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- Cut biscuits into quarters; dip each piece in margarine, and layer one-third in a lightly greased 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle with half of bacon, Parmesan cheese, onion, and green pepper.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are used, ending with biscuits.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until done.
This is a great appetizer, everyone loved it! I did have a little trouble with all the layers baking completely, the next time I make this (this will be made many times) I will start out with foil covering the top. I also think this is a great bread to add different things to i.e. Mozzarella, red pepper, mushrooms, pepperoni... just about anything that would go on a pizza, with pizza sauce on the side, as stated in other review. Just be careful not to put to much on, as I said it's hard to judge when completely baked. Also, I will try doing in a bread pan. Thanks for the great recipe, I can't wait to do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is one of my family favorites also! Myhusband likes to dip this bread in pizza sauce. I love it just the way it is!!!!