Recipe by Chef Dee
Under orders from the teenagers in the house, I created recipes for their favourite take out breadsticks and dipping sauce. The dough can easily be made up in the bread machine. The sauce has been posted separately as Dipping Sauce - Pizza Hut Style.
Top Review by cammianne3
Thanks for posting this recipe! For those who think they didn't come out brown enough, I will tell you that when Pizza Hut makes these (I was a General Manager there for several years), prior to these going in the oven they are brushed with liquid butter oil. I'm sure that helps them with the browning process. Also, unless someone orders these and they've just been taken out of the oven, they're reheated in a toaster oven that has a conveyor belt. This would also aid in browning. If you want them browner than they're turning out for you, I would suggest at the end, to turn your oven up higher or even to the broil setting for a minute. That should help. The topping isn't sprinkled on (at Pizza Hut, feel free to follow this recipe as posted, I'm just giving some info) until they come out of the oven and after they've once again been brushed with butter. Hope this helps someone.
- 1 1⁄3 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons dry parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Add the dough ingredients to the bread machine in the order given, and set to first rise.
- When this has finished, roll the dough out into a rectangle which is 1/2-3/4 inch thick.
- With a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 1x4 inch strips.
- Place on greased cookie sheets and allow the bread sticks to rise until doubled.
- Meanwhile, stir the topping seasonings together with the parmesan cheese.
- Brush the breadsticks heavily with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the topping. I use an empty spice bottle to shake it on evenly.
- Bake the bread sticks at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm with Dipping Sauce - Pizza Hut Style posted on this site.