Under orders from the teenagers in the house, I created recipes for their favourite take out breadsticks and dipping sauce. The dough can easily be made up in the bread machine. The sauce has been posted separately as Dipping Sauce - Pizza Hut Style.
- Add the dough ingredients to the bread machine in the order given, and set to first rise.
- When this has finished, roll the dough out into a rectangle which is 1/2-3/4 inch thick.
- With a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 1x4 inch strips.
- Place on greased cookie sheets and allow the bread sticks to rise until doubled.
- Meanwhile, stir the topping seasonings together with the parmesan cheese.
- Brush the breadsticks heavily with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the topping. I use an empty spice bottle to shake it on evenly.
- Bake the bread sticks at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm with Dipping Sauce - Pizza Hut Style posted on this site.