My family loves dips - hot, cold - doesn't matter. I came up with this breadstick recipe especially for that reason. We especially like to use these for dipping in hummus. I add about 1 tsp. cumin and 1/4-1/2 tsp. seseme oil when making them for hummus to mimic the flavors in the dip. I brush mine with olive oil and sprinkle seseme seeds on top as well. Play with adding seasoning as this is a pretty fail-proof recipe. Hope you enjoy.
- Put ingredients in the bread maker in the order listed.
- Set to dough setting.
- After the machine has finished, punch down dough and divide into 16 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a breadstick shape. Place onto a cookie sheet lightly dusted with cornmeal to prevent sticking.
- Let rise for 30-45 minutes - till doubled.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes - till golden brown.
Made for PAC2010. These are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Made two batches 1 as directed and 1 with additions of garlic, rosemary, and onion. We had these with wheat spagetti and sauce with sausage. Everyone raved and have asked for more this weekend. I will make these often. So simple and so versatile!
I think I need to try a couple more times before I'll have the perfect recipe. They were good hot out of the oven.