1/4 Photos of Breadsticks
1 hr 30 mins
Delicious bread sticks that we enjoy with soup or salad. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (March 1986)
My Private Note
bread s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt in large bowl. Stir in oil.
- 2Add water (1 1/4 cups) and combine well until well blended (2 minutes with an electric mixer or a bit longer by hand).
- 3Beat (or stir in) in enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- 4Turn dough out onto a floured board and knead for one minute or until smooth. Divide dough in half.
- 5Working with one half at a time, Roll one half into a 10-inch log.
- 6Cut log into 1-inch pieces. Cut each piece in half. Roll each piece into a 10-inch stick. Arrange on foil covered cookie sheets.
- 7Repeat with remaining dough (you should get about 40 bread sticks) Let rise for 20-30 minutes or until puffy.
- 8Preheat oven to 300-degrees F.
- 9Prepare glaze by beating egg white with 1 tablespoon water. Brush bread sticks with glaze and then sprinkle with garlic salt (or if you prefer coarse salt).
- 10Bake for 45- 50 minutes or until bread sticks are golden brown.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breadsticks
Serving Size: 1 (816 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.7
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 60.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g