Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you are looking for something different than the chicken pot pie Grandma used to make, this is the one. I got this recipe from a recipe booklet purchased at a grocery store checkout, but tweaked the ingredients to our taste. It orginally called for alfredo sauce, but we prefer a cheese sauce instead. You could use canned chicken, leftover chicken or turkey, or deli chicken as well. Make SURE the mixture is hot when you put the breadsticks on top, or they will not be cooked through, but gooey on the bottom.
- 311.84 g can refrigerated breadstick dough
- 453.59 g jarragu cheese creations parmesan and mozzerella cheese sauce
- 78.07 ml milk
- 453.59 g package frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll breadstick dough, separate, twist, and set aside.
- Cook vegetables according to package directions until tender; drain well.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite sized pieces and saute over medium heat in a Dutch oven coated with nonstick cooking spray until lightly browned and juices run clear.
- Add cooked vegetables, jarred cheese sauce, and milk.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Be careful or it will stick.
- Pour hot mixture into an ungreased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Immediately place twisted breadsticks side by side over chicken mixture, gently stretching to fit.
- Sprinkly top of breadsticks with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasonings.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-30 minutes or until top is deep golden brown.
- If you cannot find the Ragu Cheese Creations Sauce (my grocery store does not carry it anymore) you may use Alfredo sauce, or any other jarred cheese sauce or white sauce.
My grocery store only had garlic flavored breadsticks, but I'm glad, because otherwise I think this would have been very bland. I used Ragu Alfredo sauce. If I make it again I'll add more seasonings & some sauted onions to better suit our tastes. This was easy to make & filling, just not quite right for my family. Thanks anyway!
Must admit I could not find Ragu Cheese Creations anywhere. Used marinara with 4 cheeses and added 2 cups of mixed mozzerella and parmesan. Did everything else as directed. DH thought this was a tasty new concoction, but I thought the tomato sauce was overwhelming. Wish I had used the Alfredo. Since there is enough for 2 more meals, will be "tweaking" as I go. I LIKE the breadstick topping ! 10/4 Tweaked the leftovers with sauteed, chopped onions, garlic, and basil. Added about 3 Tbs. heavy cream and 3 Tbs. vodka -(to carry flavor). Was just trying to overcome overwhelming tomato taste (my fault, not poster's) and DID have improved taste! Would DEFINITELY go with Alfredo if made again !!
This was really good! I think it needed just a bit more seasonings but I love the sauce! This was easy and quick to put together and was very pretty when done. Thanks for posting