1/2 Photos of Breadstick Topped Chicken Pie
If you are looking for something different than the chicken pot pie Grandma used to make, this is the one. I got this recipe from a recipe booklet purchased at a grocery store checkout, but tweaked the ingredients to our taste. It orginally called for alfredo sauce, but we prefer a cheese sauce instead. You could use canned chicken, leftover chicken or turkey, or deli chicken as well. Make SURE the mixture is hot when you put the breadsticks on top, or they will not be cooked through, but gooey on the bottom.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (11 ounce) can refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1 (16 ounce) jar ragu cheese creations parmesan and mozzerella cheese sauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Unroll breadstick dough, separate, twist, and set aside.
- 3Cook vegetables according to package directions until tender; drain well.
- 4Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite sized pieces and saute over medium heat in a Dutch oven coated with nonstick cooking spray until lightly browned and juices run clear.
- 5Add cooked vegetables, jarred cheese sauce, and milk.
- 6Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Be careful or it will stick.
- 7Pour hot mixture into an ungreased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- 8Immediately place twisted breadsticks side by side over chicken mixture, gently stretching to fit.
- 9Sprinkly top of breadsticks with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasonings.
- 10Bake, uncovered, 20-30 minutes or until top is deep golden brown.
- 11If you cannot find the Ragu Cheese Creations Sauce (my grocery store does not carry it anymore) you may use Alfredo sauce, or any other jarred cheese sauce or white sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breadstick Topped Chicken Pie
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.9
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 103.7 mg
- Sodium 1060.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 35.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated breadstick dough
frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix