Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Handmade Breadsticks for Dips. These are wonderful.
Make and share this Breadstick Dippers recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Into medium mixing bowl sift together 2 cups of flour, the sugar, baking powder; and salt; add milk and, using a wooden spoon, mix to form dough.
- Using 2 Tbsp of the remaining flour, lightly flour work surface; turn dough out onto floured surface and knead, adding remaining 2 Tbsp flour as needed, until dough becomes
- smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Using rolling pin, roll dough into 12x8" rectangle, about 1/2 " thick.
- Cut dough in half lengthwise; cut each half crosswise into 18 equal slices.
- Dip dough slices into margarine - be sure to use all of the margarine.
- Place on a baking sheet, leaving a space of about 1 inch between each.
- Bake until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
Very good, but dont overcook. I did and will try again later.
As promised, these were excellent for using with a nice pizza dip. This was my first time making dough in this way, so I struggled a bit, but I know that it was me and not this great recipe. I had some trouble getting the flour ration spot on and kept getting dough stuck everywhere from the surface to the rolling pin and myself! So I gave up trying to spread it out to cut before baking and just greased up a pan and threw the whole ball of dough on there. I spread it out with floured hands and baked for 15 minutes. Since I greased the pan, I omitted the butter. Then I was able to cut them easily when they came out. They were a little flat, but I think that was me again, butchering it when rolling it out, but the flavor was great. Thanks for a keeper... I am sure that all of the practice I will put into this in the future will pay off!