Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
What witch could resist these easy broomsticks?
- 1 (10 5/8 ounce) package refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- garlic powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Unroll dough and divide along perforations.
- For each broomstick, shape breadstick into 8 X 1-1/2-inch strip; twist one end for handle. Cut 5 or 6 slits (2 inches long) into opposite end; separate dough at slits for bristles of broom.
- Brush egg over dough.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the bristles. If using garlic powder sprinkle over the parmesan cheese.
- Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Pretty much made these as given, & did include the garlic powder! However, after the brooms were made, I did cut the handle so that it was a bit slimmer! Still, however it's done, the idea is great, & they taste just as good, too! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
What a fun and yummy breadstick to make for your kids on Halloween!! My kids are both grown so I made these to go along with a wonderful salad for our lunch today. DH felt they looked more like a bird's foot than a broomstick, lol. I did use the optional garlic salt along with the parmesan cheese, yummy!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR Tag Game.