1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Make healthy Granola to use in trail mix or over yogurt for a healthy breakfast...in your breadmaker! I use about a 1/3 cup scoop of this over about 1/3 cup - 1/2 cup plain natural yogurt for my breakfast every day. I also found this to be an easy, filling and healthy camping breakfast with the individual size yogurts thrown in the cooler. Choose your own combo of nuts and dried fruits...for a special treat, add some dark chocolate chips after it has cooled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup raw sesame seeds (shelled)
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (shelled)
- 1 cup nuts (slivered almonds, walnuts, filberts etc)
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin butter (or natural peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds (or bran or wheat germ)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups dried fruit (I use rasins and chopped apricots)
- 1Put all ingredients except the dried fruit in the breadmaker. Set to jam cycle and run. This will produce well-toasted but not burnt granola. If you like it a little less toasted, simply take it out before the time is up.
- 2Add dried fruit after the cycle is finished.
- 4Use a few tablespoons of orange juice concentrate instead of applesauce for an orangy flavor. This is would taste good with Craisins sweetened dried cranberries at the end.
- 5If you like crispy, lumpy granola then add 1/2 cup of flour mixed with 1/4 tsp baking soda and a quarter cup of fruit juice concentrate.
- 6If you want to use this as more of a trail mix than a yogurt topping it might be better to omit the ground flax.
- 7I use a pair of scissors to cut up the apricots, but I'm sure a knife and chopping board would work just as well.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breadmaker Granola
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.9
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 112.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: