Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Official contest entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix This gluten free Rueben sandwich might be better than the traditional. It needs to be eaten with a knife and fork.
- Heat large electric griddle to med. high.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons oil on griddle.
- Spread bag of hash browns on griddle. Make a large rectangle and smash potatoes flat and thin. Cook about 8 minute till golden brown. Cut hash browns in 8 equal squares and cook the other side with rest of oil until crisp and golden brown.
- When hash browns are done, add one slice swiss to each square.
- grill sauerkraut until hot and spread on top of 4 squares.
- Grill pastrami until hot and add on top of each hash brown squares with sauerkraut,.
- Top each with other hash brown squares.