These rich decadent individual sized pizzas are to die for, but your waistline wont pay for the pleasure, and they couldn't be easier. Make them right on the stovetop in one skillet. Great appetizer if you use small portabellas. Also wonderful for people not fond of the musty flavor of mushrooms because these have a light meat like flavor and texture. I created this recipe as a starch free option for pizza, aka no-carb. I always loved mushroom pizza's but crust is a pain in the rear. If its not just right it ruins everything, not to mention its tough on the diet. Good vegetarian recipe with lots of nutrition.
My Private Note
mini ap ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 portabella mushrooms (8-10 if small- 3 inch or less)
- 1/2 lb grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce or 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, and
- grilled onion (or 1/2 cup pizza toppings any you like)
- 1/4 cup soy pepperoni (any cooked meats work well for a non vegetarian version)
- 1Remove the stems by twisting gently till they pop free.
- 2Gently rinse and PAT dry your portabellas.
- 3Place a small amount of butter or sunflower oil (wonderful Healthy cooking oil)in a large skillet and preheat.
- 4Grille until tender and meat like in texture (about 6 minutes each side depending on heat and pan).
- 5With the ribs (black ridged cup like side) up add sauce and use a spoon to push to the edges.
- 6Add mozzarella cheese to cover to the edge.
- 7Add toppings of your choice.
- 8Cover pan with lid or foil for 1 minute or until till cheese melts.
- 9Serve and enjoy!
- 10These reheat wonderfully!
- 11These make great microwave lunch-.
- 12Cook as directed, add cheese and toppings, but dont melt cheese.
- 13Remove and place directly into storage container and refrigerate or freeze.
- 14Take to work and place in fridge or leave out to defrost (be careful in hot climates).
- 15At lunch time just throw in the microwave and heat for 1-2 minutes (depending on your microwave).
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breadless Portabella Mushroom Pizzas - Stove Top
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.3
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 44.7 mg
- Sodium 814.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 16.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: