Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this egg casserole because it doesn't have any bread in it. So, it's more like a quiche. We like to serve this with fresh fruit, bagels and orange juice.
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup low fat evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked ham, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper together.
- Stir in cheese, ham, mushrooms, peppers and onion.
- Pour into a lightly greased 9x13" pan, and bake uncovered at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Cool slightly before cutting into squares.
- You may refrigerate this overnight before baking.
Wonderful recipe. Followed it exactly. Great
leftovers for breakfast next morning. A real