- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb breadfruit, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 pints chicken stock
- 1 cup light cream
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- chopped chives, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan; add the onions and garlic and sautee until transparent.
- Add the breadfruit to sauteed vegetables; pour chicken stock over all and cook until the breadfruit is tender.
- Put into an electric blender and whirl until smooth, adding the cream while blending.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and chill thoroughly.
- If soup is too thick, thin with a little milk.
- Garnish with chopped chives.