Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Caribbean Cooking by John DeMers.
Make and share this Breadfruit Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium breadfruit (about 2 pounds)
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers, diced or 2 jalapeno chile, slices diced
- 1 cup diced peeled cooked shrimp or 1 cup lobster, if desired
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (1 1/2-2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Place breadfruit in a roasting pan.
- Roast in preheated oven about 45 minutes or until soft when pierced with a skewer or knife.
- Cool, peel and dice breadfruit.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Chop eggs and add to breadfruit.
- Add diced onions, pepper, chile and shrimp if desired.
- Season with white pepper, salt and garlic powder.
- Add mayonnaise, vinegar and mustard, tossing until all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.