Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Source: Recipe taken from Chat Bout Belize
- 1⁄4 cup melted shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup breadfruit flour
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Grease muffin tin.
- Break egg into bowl and beat slightly with fork.
- Stir in melted shortening and milk.
- Sift together flour and baking powder, sugar, salt and then add to egg mixture. Stir just enough to moisten dry ingredients (the batter should be lumpy).
- Fill muffin tins (2/3rds) full.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes (until edges pull away from tin).