1/1 Photo of Breaded Zucchini Fingers
Sue Lau's Note:
A great way to start your Italian meal or just to have around for snacking , especially for the guys in football season!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Substitute, mixed with 1/4 cup water (or use 1/2 cup egg substitute or 2 eggs)
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup low-fat parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium zucchini
- non-stick olive oil flavored cooking spray
- marinara sauce (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Prepare baking sheet with heavy spray of non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Place eggs or egg substitute in shallow bowl; set aside.
- 4Mix together dry ingredients in another shallow bowl; set aside.
- 5Cut zucchini into fingers 3/8"x3".
- 6Dip zucchini into egg substitute, then roll in bread crumbs, coating thoroughly.
- 7Place on baking sheet.
- 8Lightly spray tops of zucchini with non-stick spray.
- 9Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes; turn with spatula, then bake 7-8 minutes more, or until crispy and golden.
- 10Serve with marinara dipping sauce, if you desire.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breaded Zucchini Fingers
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 127.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ener-G Egg Substitute
low-fat parmesan cheese