Recipe by Sue Lau
A great way to start your Italian meal or just to have around for snacking , especially for the guys in football season!
Top Review by Rise`
It was "munchie night" at our house last night, so whatever is in the frig or freezer is what we have. I had plenty of zukes so I made your recipe, I'll admit however I deep fried mine *LOL Needless to say they weren't as healthy as you recipe (I'd change the name to Lite Breaded Zucinni Fingers" since they are so much better for you than deep fired)! Anyway, they were wonderful, I didn't have any marinara so I served Ranch dressing and I personally just love them with salt! I will be trying these in the oven next time however as I think they will come out with more breading and cripser then when I deep fry! Thanks again!
- 2 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Substitute, mixed with 1/4 cup water (or use 1/2 cup egg substitute or 2 eggs)
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium zucchini
- non-stick olive oil flavored cooking spray
- marinara sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare baking sheet with heavy spray of non-stick cooking spray.
- Place eggs or egg substitute in shallow bowl; set aside.
- Mix together dry ingredients in another shallow bowl; set aside.
- Cut zucchini into fingers 3/8"x3".
- Dip zucchini into egg substitute, then roll in bread crumbs, coating thoroughly.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Lightly spray tops of zucchini with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes; turn with spatula, then bake 7-8 minutes more, or until crispy and golden.
- Serve with marinara dipping sauce, if you desire.