Recipe by Shannon Holmes
This is one of my favorite things to make as a side dish in summer with all of the fresh vegetables from my grandma's garden. Time consuming, but good.
- 1 -2 egg white
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- herbs, of your choice (I use summer savory, poultry seasoning, thyme, italian spice blend. Be creative)
your choice of
- 1 medium zucchini or 1 medium yellow squash, sliced on diagonal or 1 (8 ounce) box sliced mushrooms or 1 medium sweet onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick,seperated into rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dip veggies into egg whites, then into bread crumbs, coating both sides.
- Place on large cookie sheets lines with aluminum foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook about 7-8 minutes and turn veggies over with fork.
- Spray the veggies and cook 7-8 minutes, until brown and crispy.
- Super good, my favorites are the onoins and the zucchini.
- The onions taste just like onion rings!