Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 veal cutlets
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 ounces brie cheese
- 2 ounces flour
- 2 ounces breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1 lb fresh pasta
- grated parmesan cheese or sharp cheddar cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Break eggs in a shallow bowl and beat with a little oil, salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a second bowl and bread crumbs in a third.
- If necessary, flatten cutlets between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Place slices of brie on cutlets and fold in two.
- Dip in flour, then eggs and finally in bread crumbs.
- Cook in oil and butter 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a plate with fresh pasta, a slice of lemon and grated parmesan or sharp cheddar.
Delicious! Fast! Easy! This recipe is quick enough for a weeknight meal, which DH and I enjoyed, but certainly a company worthy meal too!
You've done it with this recipe Dancer - great flavor - I used Panko crumbs lots of pepper and some salt, cut back on the oil. I bought two tenderized veal cutlets and put one on top of the other instead of folding it over. Thanks I loved it
We had a large wedge of Pecorino Romano Cheese leftover from another recipe, so I searched for a veal scaloppine recipe that uses cheese. We made this recipe of yours, using the Pecorino Romano Cheese both inside and out and it was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!! Thanks so much for introducing us to this great recipe of yours. We will make it with Brie at a later date.