Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great use for leftover cooked turkey or chicken. Serve it with spaghetti or mashed potatoes, and a salad, for dinner. Posted in response to a request. You can also use thick slices of leftover meatloaf for this recipe.
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices cooked turkey breast, about 1/3 thick
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, finely chopped (optional) or 1⁄2 cup canned mushroom, drained (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine breadcrumbs, salt, oregano and/or thyme, and pepper.
- Dip cooked turkey or chicken slices in egg then dredge in seasoned crumbs.
- Heat oil in skillet and brown breaded turkey or chicken slices on both sides until lightly crisp.
- Transfer to 9”x13”x2” baking pan in single layer.
- Cover turkey or chicken slices with spaghetti sauce.
- Top each piece with Mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with green pepper and mushrooms.
- Bake, uncovered, until sauce bubbles and cheese melts, about 20 minutes.
Just the right recipe for using up some frozen turkey breast & thighs that were left over from one of the celebrations we had in mid-December! Very easy to put together, & it made for a very nice dinner! Served it with some cheese tortellini & homemade spaghetti sauce! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
This is a great way to use leftover turkey, turning it into a completely different meal! I served it with a side of spaghetti and a salad. (I did leave out the mushrooms, thank goodness they are optional LOL)Thanks for posting another keeper Burnice!