Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a delicious low-fat meal. My husband thought it was pork chops until I told him!
- 4 (3 ounce) turkey cutlets
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (for frying)
- Mix the eggs, milk, parsley and garlic powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Dip meat in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs.
- Fry (about 5 minutes) or until golden brown.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
I am commenting more on the egg mixture than on anything else because this is the only thing I did as it says in the recipe. It never occured to me to add spices directly to the egg. Before I used to dump everythhing into the bread crumbs but the taste was never there. With this method it turned out great and even my husband liked those. For the rest I used regular bread crumbs mixed with salt and just fried the pounded cutlets without baking. They turned out very moist inside.
I used parmasan cheese instead of romano and 2% milk. I pounded my turkey fillets before coating. Excellent.