Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from I Love New York Cooking For The Holidays.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 medium firm tomatoes
- 1 cup saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 2 -3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp American cheese
- Combine eggs, milk, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Cut tomatoes in 3/3-inch thick slices.
- Dip in cracker crumbs then in egg mixture. Dip again in crumbs.
- In skillet brown tomatoes on both sides in hot oil.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook over very low heat till cheese is nearly melted.
This was so good! A bit salty with the saltine crackers, but so good! I added quite a bit more cheese, Made for a nice, light lunch with some Asian salad.