We usually eat this at Lila's Restaurant & it served with julienned fried potato sticks, maduros(fried ripe plantains) and white fluffy rice, a Cuban regular with all meals. I ususally ask for tomato and avocado slices with my steak. Delish! Allow the meat to marinate in special mixture overnight. These make wonderful sandwiches and it can also be eaten cold.
- 4 steaks, 1/4 inch thick
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice, sour orange juice (or 1/8 cup orange juice & 1/16 cup lemon juice & 1/16 cup lime juice)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon peppercorn, smashed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika, Spanish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup ground cracker meal, salted to taste
- olive oil
- Sprinkle steaks with chopped onion, minced garlic, "sour" orange juice or alternative mix, and salt.
- Rub into meat and cover.
- Place in the refrigerator & allow to marinate overnight.
- In bowl, beat the eggs - place flour on a plate, & breadcrumbs on another plate.
- Season with the seasonings and dip the steaks into eggs, then roll into flour cover lightly, then back into egg mixture and then into breadcrumbs and cover both on sides.
- Heat oil in skillet on medium heat and fry steak on both sides, until golden brown - don't overcook.