5 hrs 35 mins
5 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is also very rich but so tender it melts in your mouth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim fat from steak and cut steak into smaller portions (should get about 5 or 6 small steaks) Salt and Pepper the steak as heavily as you prefer, and roll in the flour.
- 2Preheat Butter at Med High heat.
- 3Cook steak on one side until seared and brown, then flip steak and sear on other side for just about a minute to seal in the juices.
- 4Turn heat down to low and add water.
- 5Cover and cook at low heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- 6put meat on serving plate and mix gravy that is in the pan together and serve on mashed potatoes.
- 7Gravy should be thick enough but if desired add a little more flour to gravy and heat until gravy is as thick as desired.
- 8Quick note: I recommend using a non stick fry pan so as one reviewer mentioned you don't have trouble with the flour sticking to the pan.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breaded Sirloin Steak in Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.5
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 144.5 mg
- Sodium 182.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 33.4 g