Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is also very rich but so tender it melts in your mouth.
Make and share this Breaded Sirloin Steak in Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- Trim fat from steak and cut steak into smaller portions (should get about 5 or 6 small steaks) Salt and Pepper the steak as heavily as you prefer, and roll in the flour.
- Preheat Butter at Med High heat.
- Cook steak on one side until seared and brown, then flip steak and sear on other side for just about a minute to seal in the juices.
- Turn heat down to low and add water.
- Cover and cook at low heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- put meat on serving plate and mix gravy that is in the pan together and serve on mashed potatoes.
- Gravy should be thick enough but if desired add a little more flour to gravy and heat until gravy is as thick as desired.
- Quick note: I recommend using a non stick fry pan so as one reviewer mentioned you don't have trouble with the flour sticking to the pan.
This dish was tender & delicious, just as Caroline promised! My husband loved the gravy (thicken with a little flour at the end, as Caroline suggests). Would definitely make this again - a great way to use the beef we get from the farmer next door!
It was tender but we found it too dry.The steak eaters in the family ate it.
Very moist, very tender and oh so Yummy. Used half butter & half olive oil. Peppered, salted and season salted the flour instead of the meat. My steak was thin so it only took about 45 mins to cook. Added a little more flour and then milk to make a creamy gravy to pour over both the steak and the home fries I served with them. Husband raved! Thanks for posting!