Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
I never liked shrimp until I tried this recipe. I have used this as an appetizer at Christmas and as a meal with rice. I received this recipe from my step- mother. She got it from her son in California. It is absolutely delicious. I have made it over and over.
- 2 lbs peeled shrimp (21-25 size, marinate shrimp from 4 hours to overnight)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 crushed garlic cloves (I usually add more garlic)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
breading for the shrimp (add more of each spice to your liking)
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Marinate shrimp up to over night. Mix breadcrumbs with spices. Coat each shrimp with breading. Place in single layer baking dish. Save marinade.
- Stir melted butter and olive oil with remaining marinade. Pour over shrimp.
- Bake 400 for 13 -15 minutes.
- Serve as an appetizer with crackers or as a meal with rice and vegetable.
Delicious recipe...i fried instead of baking...and i dint use dill weed or parsely as i dint hav it while makin it...a keeper... :)