Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted this recipe from Quick Cooking. This is the only way my one son will eat scallops.
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup mashed potato flakes
- 2⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a bowl, beat the egg.
- In another bowl, combine the potato flakes, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Dip scallops in egg, then coat with potato mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat.
- Add scallops and cook for 4-5 minutes or until scallops are opaque and coating is golden brown, turning once.
There were 3 of us for supper when I made this (along with a second seafood dish) so I cut the recipe in half to get 3 slightly smaller servings! And although I pretty much followed the recipe, I did cut back on both the salt & pepper then filled those seasonings out by adding some lemon pepper! Loved doing scallops this way ~ Very tasty & satisfying! Thanks for sharing the recipe [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]