From Chef2Chef. You can make these up to a week in advance. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat about 20 seconds on high in the microwave. You can also keep the patties warm in a 300F oven just after cooking them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cup fine breadcrumbs (I use homemade or Ener-G brand wheat-free)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Place about 2 T of the cheese on a piece of plastic wrap.
- 2Cover with another piece of plastic wrap, and gently pat and"massage" the cheese into a patty 2-inches in diameter and 3/4-inch thick.
- 3(You can also skip the plastic wrap, and just use your hands. Dampen them first, so the cheese won't stick.) Repeat with the rest of the cheese.
- 4You should have 8 patties.
- 5Place the bread crumbs on a plate, grind in some fresh black pepper and stir to mix.
- 6Press the cheese patties into the crumbs until coated on both sides and around the edges.
- 7Place a heavy, nonstick skillet over medium heat for 30 seconds, then swirl to coat the pan.
- 8When the skillet is very hot, add the coated cheese patties and saute for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown, adding more oil if necessary.
- 9When they are done to your liking, transfer the sauteed patties to a plate lined with a double-thickness of paper towels.
- 10Serve hot or very warm, sprinkled with more freshly ground black pepper, along with your choice of accompaniments.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breaded Sauteed Goat Cheese Patties
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.5
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 49.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: