Prep 4 hrs
Cook 30 mins
from a French cooking magazine I found in my friend's apt in paris
- 600 g salmon fillets, skinless
- 150 g finely crushed almonds
- 1⁄2 organic orange
- 60 g butter
- 1 lemon
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- fresh thyme
- soften the butter at room temperature.
- juice the orange and finely grate the zest so you have 1/2 teaspoon of zest.
- Mix butter with 1 tablespoon orange juice, 2 spoons crushed almonds, orange zest, thyme (add as desired), 1/2 teaspoon of salt and as much pepper as you'd like.
- Roll mixture in saran wrap and refrigerate.
- Preheat a pan in an oven set to 180°C
- Salt, pepper and squeeze lemon on salmon.
- Mix breadcrumbs with the rest of the crushed almonds, and evenly coat salmon on both sides with mixture.
- Place on the hot pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- Cook for 8-10 min until crust forms.
- Top with citrus butter.