Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is SO EASY and SO AWESOME! If you love breaded ravioli at The Olive Garden you must try this! Everybody loves it! It will become a MUST before any Italian Meal!
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen cheese ravioli (I like square, plain cheese filled)
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs (I like Italian seasoned)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- Allow ravioli to thaw. (I usually just let them sit for an hour or so, but I have also run them under cold water to thaw as well).
- Beat egg in small bowl.
- Place breadcrumbs in pie plate.
- Heat about 1/4-inch of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Dip ravioli in egg then coat with breadcrumbs and pan fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with warmed marinara.
- Tip: I like to dip and coat the ravioli and place on a plate and refrigerate then cook them just before serving.
- I've made them as far ahead of time at 3 hours and they are still wonderful!
Amazingly good and easy. Added this one to my cookbook. My wife and my girls loved it. Great job jill4man.
I served these alongside Olive Garden Copycat Zuppa Tuscana (Olive Garden Copycat Zuppa Toscana) and homemade pizza sauce. I wish I would have paid more attention to the suggestion to bread earlier and then fry. It just would have made it a lot easier. Best eaten still warm. Very good recipe for ease, flavor, and something just a little different.
I don't eat at Olive Garden so I don't know how theres are but I just made these with cheese and meat ravioli (too lazy to make from scratch tonight) and I made a homemade marinara sauce. My goodness was it good. My husband says this is the only way he wants ravioli now. I did the standard breading procedure of flour-egg-breadcrumbs.